After quite a lot of tinkering, and a quite a lot of distraction with real life adventures, Tiled Maps 2.0 is out. There’s been a substantial change under the hood so it should load a lot faster and handle many more maps, but there are new features too:
- Displays GPX files so you can take your tracks, routes and waypoints anywhere you go
- Drop pins on to the map to record points of interest
- Adjust the transparency of maps so you can mix topographic and shaded relief layers together
- Reorder maps to stack them how you wish
- Resizes nicely on iPhone 5 screens (yes I know I’m late on that one, but did you see I’ve now got a son to look after?)
Here’s a comparison of a USGS Topo map with and without a semitransparent shaded relief layer
There are still a few more features to come, specifically related to GPX files, so grab Tiled Maps while it is still only 99¢.